Thursday, December 3, 2009

R. Guru Shreenivas (Site Location Manager)

"I am the INTEL Site Location Manager facilitating management of local staffs and coordination of tasks related to supporting hosting services for the organization. "

R. GURU SHREENIVAS
Site Location Manager,
INTEL Technology Sdn Bhd


PERSONAL DETAILS:
Name: R. Guru Shreenivas, 26
E-mail: rgshree@gmail.com

EDUCATION:
Year of Graduation: 2000 (Degree), 2003 (Postgraduate)
Programme: Computer Science, MBA

EMPLOYMENT:
Current Employer: INTEL Technology Sdn Bhd
Current Position: Site Location Manager
Achievement/Award: BSc (Hons) CIS, MBA (IS)

BONUS
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Guru - born and bred in Penang. Living with my family. Just got married 4 months back! Enjoy reading and photography, which are two of my most interesting past times.

2. Tell us a bit more about your current job scope.
I am the Site Location Manager facilitating management of local staffs and coordination of tasks related to supporting hosting services for the organization. Managing and administering the collaboration and database infrastructure of the organization, new business development and problem identification and analysis are some of my job responsibilities.

3. Can you share your education background with us?
2000 - Completed my BSc (Hons) in Computing and Information Systems from KDU. In-line with my degree, I also pursued the NCC IADCS programme, for which I was awarded GOLD. 2003 - Completed my MBA (Information Systems). 2005 – Microsoft Certified Professional for SQL Server, ITIL Foundation Certified.

4. You have achieved so much in such a short span of time, can you share your secret of success with us?
“Where There is A Will, There is A Way” – My confidence booster. With a Positive Mental Attitude, I am always confident on whatever I do and I do it with dedication and sincerity. I accept critics positively and learn from my mistakes. I share and care, and in turn I learn from people of different walk of lives. The rest I leave it to God, who blesses me with success for my hard work.

5. What prompted you to choose KDU?
KDU has always had the reputation of a "true" educational institution that strives for academic excellence. The fee structure, the syllabus and the mode of lecture were far superior compared to my assessment of other colleges. Lecturers here were more of my friends and who played a crucial role in teaching me not just subject matters, but reality of life! You can't just get that anywhere else. KDU was always the most established and reliable source of higher education for the society.

6. KDU is celebrating 25th anniversary next year, do you have a message to the college?
Yes! Firstly, Congratulations! I would like to wish the college and its staffs, students the very best and continue driving dreams and inspire the youths of tomorrow as you always do! Never look back at your success in the past, but look forward towards greater success! Remember, your success lies in the hands of the graduates you produce and they should make you proud! For this, focus on innovation and creative thinking. Get students to look beyond the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment