Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kumar A/L Ramasamy (CTO)

"I am responsible for the RFID Division in PENTAMASTER I.T. Berhad overseeing business operations and delivering training sessions on RFID.. "

KUMAR A/L RAMASAMY
CTO,
Pentamaster I.T.Berhad


PERSONAL DETAILS
Name: Kumar A/L Ramasamy, 36
E-mail: kusmaspg@yahoo.com

EDUCATION
Year of Graduation: 1993
Programme: BASIC/HIGHER DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

EMPLOYMENT
Current Employer: PENTAMASTER I.T. BERHAD
Current Position: CTO

BONUS
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Kumar Ramasamy, 36, born in Penang, works in the Penang Industrial Zone ( Phase 4 ) for a global industrial automation company. Favorite pastime reading ( all type of genres ), golf and chat session with close friends.

2. Tell us a bit more about your current job scope.
Currently I am responsible for the RFID Division in PENTAMASTER I.T. Berhad overseeing business operations and delivering training sessions on RFID. I also deliver keynotes at technology conferences around Asia Pacific. I am also the Chairman of the Penang RF Cluster which is a Penang government initiative to drive and promote the RF Industry in PENANG.

3. Can you share your education background with us?
I pursue my interest in Computer Science at KDU back in 1991 and completed a HIGHER DIPLOMA and left to join the workforce. Thereafter most of my training was more industry related trainings. Currently I am pursuing an MBA with the University of Southern Australia.

4. You have achieved so much in such a short span of time, can you share your secret of success with us?
Constant and Never Ending Improvement (CANI), always looking forward and learning from past. I took a lot of time and effort to develop myself as I worked through different roles in my career. Persistence and perseverance are 2 key ingredients.

5. What prompted you to choose KDU?
Back in 1991, there was much choice actually, the other choice was INFORMATICS. KDU had already established a reputation with its campus in KL which made it an obvious choice. After some preliminary fact finding, I decided to further my studies in KDU.

6. KDU is celebrating 25th anniversary next year, do you have a message to the college?
KDU has come a long was since its inception and along its more that 2 decades of history, it has created many outstanding talents in the industry and driven the dreams of many into reality. Moving forward into the next decade, KDU should feverishly pursue excellence, thought leadership and an innovative approach in providing education excellence! Congratulations on 25 years of nation building.


No comments:

Post a Comment